Category Archives: TIPS FOR TUESDAYS
I love dogs! I’m always excited when couples decide to include their dogs at engagement sessions.
Here are a few tips to ensure the process is easy for everyone:
- Communicate with your photographer before the session. Most sessions with dogs tend to last a bit longer than normal.
- Always bring a leash, a few treats and water.
- If possible, pick a location that isn’t very crowed and is somewhere the dog is familiar with. This will help your pup feel more comfortable.
- Bring a friend or family member the dog knows. This person will act as the dog handler and can take the dog home after we photographer with him, or watch the dog while we photograph the rest of the session.
- Plan to include the dog only at the start of the end of the session. Most dogs aren’t excited to be photographed and their attention span only lasts a few minutes.
Examples from recent sessions:
Do have other tips or questions? Leave a comment below!