Category Archives: TIPS FOR TUESDAYS
I love dogs! I’m always excited when couples decide to include their dogs at engagement sessions.
Here are a few tips to ensure the process is easy for everyone:
- Communicate with your photographer before the session. Most sessions with dogs tend to last a bit longer than normal.
- Always bring a leash, a few treats and water.
- If possible, pick a location that isn’t very crowed and is somewhere the dog is familiar with. This will help your pup feel more comfortable.
- Bring a friend or family member the dog knows. This person will act as the dog handler and can take the dog home after we photographer with him, or watch the dog while we photograph the rest of the session.
- Plan to include the dog only at the start of the end of the session. Most dogs aren’t excited to be photographed and their attention span only lasts a few minutes.
Examples from recent sessions:
Do have other tips or questions? Leave a comment below!
It’s March of 2013, and I just realized my last Tips for Tuesdays post was in December! I think for the rest of the year I’ll try to keep a more realistic goal of posting one per month. March’s topic is loverly!
If you’re a bride and haven’t discovered loverly then you need to visit and join the site today! Loverly is similar to pinterest, but so much better. It’s all weddings and not crazy DIY ideas. And you can serach the site by just about anything – color, theme, you name it!
Here’s a description from their website: “We’re on a mission to make wedding planning simple and more fun. Discover ideas, things to buy, and people to hire for your wedding.”
Here is a peek into my loverly pages:
After being neglected for some time, Tips for Tuesdays posts are back! This Tuesday, I thought I’d share a few of my favorite blogs.Wedding Blogs: – Wedding Chicks (be sure to check out their free printables!) – Southern Weddings – Style Me Pretty Georgia
Crafty Blogs: – Wit & Whistle – Anastasia Marie Cards – Hey Gorgeous (wedding related and crafty… be sure to check out her DIY section)
Happy Tuesday, friends!